released June 21, 2010
REFLECTOR - TRACK BY TRACK
1. MIRROR SYSTEM – The Healing Feather - A no-beats intro made up of elements of the unique Mirror System lush ambient sound – signaling that this is not going to be a typical house compilation mix.
2. EVAN MARC & STEVE HILLAGE – Resufacing (Phidelity Remix) - A track Steve wrote for his collaboration album with Evan Marc that was no-beats on the original album but now remixed with beautiful deep throbbing effect by Phidelity, starting the sequence at 118bpm.
3. GUY GERBER & SHLOMI ABER – Sea Of Sand (original mix) - This is a beautiful well known bubbly track that we have been playing in DJ sets for several years and which we noticed in certain circumstances worked well slowed down to 118bpm, taking on a different character. At 118bpm this is a key track in the development of the Reflector project.
4. SASCHA FUNKE – Mango (original mix) - Buidling nicely out of Sea of Sand some of the chords remind us of some Simple Minds tracks Steve produced in the 80s. Tempo creeps up to 120bpm by the end of this track.
5. TRENTEMOLLER – Gush (Blagger’s Bring It Back Remix) - We are massive fans of Trentemoller, and with its Indiany vocal sample and deep bass throbbing groove we felt it was perfect for Reflector.
6. TRIPSWITCH – Cartwheel (Mirror System Remix) - This was our major contribution to Nick Brennan’s 2007 remix album, and after we had made the mix it led to a major development in our Mirror System sound, reincorporating the 4-4 beat in a chilled way. We think it is one of our best Mirror System tracks.
7. PEACE DIVISION featuring Pleasant Gehman – Voodoo (It’s In The Wall) - What a track! Moody trippy house that works everywhere from the Chillout Room to the Main Floor – a major favourite at 122bpm.
8. CHAIM – Chicken Kiev - Another great medium paced groover from another cool Israeli artist Chaim – quirky tech-house with a wee bit of humour – works just great out of Voodoo (It’s In The Wall), as tried and tested in our live DJ sets.
9. MATTHIAS TANZMANN – Swim - A beautiful groove from Leipzig techo/house hero Matthias Tanzmann – our long mix out of Chicken Kiev into this track we think is really cool. Still holding at 122bpm.
10. CHYMERA – A Question - Chymera is an Irish artist we have followed for a while who has an a unique way with creating a chilled feeling with tech grooves and for us he was a must for the Reflector project. This track The Question works really well after Swim and ups the energy a tiny bit.
11. PHONIQUE – Bike Ride - Pure Berlin bouncing tech house keeping the groove own at 122bpm and keeping a smile on the face of the listener.
12. BLUETECH – Honey In The Heart (System 7 Remix) - Another track from our extended collaborations with Evan Marc / Bluetech retaining the tech house bounce but adding a slightly more cerebral chilled element.
13. SHLOMI ABER – Looking In God’s Eyes (album version) - Shlomi Aber is another of our Israeli techno favourites and this gem from his album State of No One helps to add a bit of techno edge while keeping thing still at 122bpm and acceptably chilled.
14. ALEX KENJI – Adelante (Ahmet Sendil Remix) - An absolutely superb track with a Middle Eastern flavour and a deep soft trancey groove. A true favourite of ours.
15. SYSTEM 7 – Sal Del Mar - A very special track from our System 7 album Seventh Wave from 2001, benefiting from a 3 minute slow mix out of Adelante and then grooving out in a dreamy Ibiza way to a gentle and fulfilling conclusion.
Released by A-Wave - distributed by SRD
Ⓟ and © 2010 A-Wave.com
Artwork and Design by Redeux www.redeuxnet.com